The Congress Begins In
16th National Congress of the Turkish Society of Medical and Surgical Intensive Care Medicine & the 8th Euro-Asian Critical Care Meeting will be held in Ela Quality Congress Center in Belek, Antalya, Turkey on November 13th to 16th, 2019. For more than a decade now, we aim to bring together all intensivists and healthcare workers interested in intensive care, across Turkey and Euro-Asia, during the annual congresses of our society, in order to update our current knowledge, discuss scientific achievements and built social connections.
The scientific program of our congress has been prepared with the contributions of the “Scientific Committee”, the “Young Intensive Care Members Committee”, the “Nurses Committee” and the physiotherapist members of our society. In the scientific program we gave great importance to “How Do I Do it?” Sessions, where daily practical issues will be debated by the specialists and the participants will have the chance to practice on simulation devices.It was performed for the first time in the last year’s congress and we believe it will be remarkable also for this year. Besides after peer review, successful presentations willl be presented and discussed.
In addition, “the international participants” session as a part of 8th Euro-Asian Critical Care Meeting will be diverse and socialize all participants with each other. Our international guests will have the chance to discuss and learn the various critical care practices of different countries and regions.
Since intensive care is a team work, the congress shall bring the foci on all related disciplines through respective sessions. We hope that your kind attendance will enrich this experience. During panels, lectures, “How Do I Do it?” sessions and oral presentations, we will exchange know-how, experiences and take the liberty of discussing various questions. Furthermore, the participants may join the meetings of the “Young Intensive Care Members Committee”, the “Nurses Committee” and the “Physiotherapists Committee”. During the congress, the general assembly elections for the “Young Intensive Care Members Committee” will be held also.
Parallel to the scientific program, we definitely believe that the social program will enable you to relax and enjoy by being with the colleagues who put their heart into this field.
Following the last year’s congress bearing the motto of ‘All Together, for the Best’, the Turkish Society of Medical and Surgical Intensive Care Medicine continue its effort to hold this year’s congress with the same enthusiasm and endeavor.
Look forward to enjoying the honor of seeing you with us.
N. Defne Altıntaş, MD
Chairperson of the 16th National Congress of the Turkish Society of Medical and Surgical Intensive Care Medicine & the 8th Euro-Asian Critical Care Meeting
N. Defne Altıntaş, MD
Secretary of the 16th National Congress of the Turkish Society of Medical and Surgical Intensive Care Medicine & the 8th Euro-Asian Critical Care Meeting
Müge Aydoğdu, MD
Melda Türkoğlu, MD
Bilgin Cömert, MD, Prof.
N. Defne Altıntaş, MD
Müge Aydoğdu, MD
Murat Sungur, MD
Arzu Topeli İskit, MD
Sema Turan, MD
Cenk Kıraklı, MD
Ezgi Özyılmaz, MD
ACUTE RESPIRATORY DISTRESS SYNDROME
o Phenotypes, therapeutic options, mechanical ventilation method
INFECTION in INTENSIVE CARE
o Fungal infections, viral infections, multi-drug resistance, new antibiotics, new antifungals
ACUTE KIDNEY INJURY
o Place of blood purification systems
o Atypical HUS, TTP, new anticoagulants
o Cerebral perfusion status, cerebral death
NUTRITION IN INTENSIVE CARE
o Is there a place for pro-prebiotics?
o Special products, micro-nutrients
FLUID and ELECTROLYTE MANAGEMENT
o Hyponatremia treatment
o Bronchospcopy, difficult airway management, percutaneous tracheostomy, tracheotomy canula, tracheal stents
OXYGEN TREATMENT and MECHANICAL VENTILATION
o High flow oxygen: When? Humidification, different systems/indications
o Non-invasive mechanical ventilation, new modes, new approaches
CONTINOUS RENAL REPLACEMENT TREATMENT
o Filters, anti-coagulant choice, mode selection, dose planning
HEMODYNAMIC MONITORIZATION and MANAGEMENT
o Echocardiography; How to measure at bedside?; How could a tracheostomized patient talk ?
ULTRASOUND and ECOCARDIOGRAPHY
TARGETED BODY TEMPERATURE CONTROL
o Indications, targets, treatment management
EVALUATION OF LUNG MECHANICS
o How to measure in clinic? Clinical replications of measurements
REHAB IN INTENSIVE CARE
o Are beds important in intensive care?
o How could a tracheotomy patient talk?
o How to exercise a patient?
o Electric stimulation
CARDIOPULMONARY RESUSCITATION, POST-ARREST CARE
ANALGESICS-SEDATION IN INTENSIVE CARE
TERMINAL STAGE DECISION
Ela Quality Hotel Congress Center, Belek, Antalya Turkey
13-16 November 2019
Official congress language is Turkish.
An invitation letter could be issued by the GenX Professional Congress Organizer upon request. Please kindly note that an invitation letter does not exempt you from accommodation, travel or similar fees.
Attendance Certificates will be issued at the registration-booking desk on the closing day of the Congress.
Kindly requested to carry your badges issued by the Registration-booking desks during the congress for the security reasons.
The Organizing Committee selected GenX Professional Congress Organizer as the official travel agency of this congress. Kindly requested to contact GenX Professional Congress Organizer for any congress related inquiries.
• Abstract Submission start is 18 March 2019 while the deadline is 15 September 2019.
• All physicians, nurses and physiotherapists are encouraged to submit a paper.
• Papers will be submitted online. Papers sent by fax or mail shall not be evaluated. Please feel free to browse the Submission Rules via the Congress website.
• The paper abstracts should contain research results or rare cases or case reports. Reviews will not be accepted.
• Abstracts to be uploaded online should be either in English or Turkish.
• Spellcheck should be made by the author and the ones without spellcheck will not be evaluated.
• Abstract should be maximum 400 words. Format should be as follows:
o Title: Capital letters, no abbreviations, in form of a sentence.
o Authors: Names and their organizations should be entered one by one. Contact details such as email and phone number should be indicated.
o Word Count: Maximum 400 words except the title and information on authors.
o Key Words: eligible according to MeSH, 3 or 5 key words.
o Abbreviations should be written in longer version in the first place they are used in the abstract.
o AAbstract Structure should be as follows:
Research: Introduction, Objective, Methods, Findings, Result
Case Reports: Introduction, Case/Cases, Result
o There should be maximum one picture and/or 1 table in the abstract.
• The Proceeding Committee Members shall score the content, redaction and novelty brought to the literature according to the scoring system ruled by the Executive Board of the Association and the Congress Committee. Accordingly, abstracts will be accepted or not; or it will determined if some of them should be accepted as an oral or poster presentation.
• Once all submissions are evaluated, the evaluation result will be emailed to the authors who have entered the abstract to the online system.
• For the acceptance of the abstracts and inclusion into the congress proceedings, at least one of the authors should be registered to the congress by 1 October 2019.
• In order to publish both, a poster or a paper should have been presented at the congress. Accepted oral or poster presentations that were presented at the congress shall be issued in the Journal of Internal and Surgical Sciences Intensive Care in December 2019.
• Even though an oral or poster presentation has been accepted but not presented at the congress, it shall not be covered by the congress book.
• Top 3 submissions out the accepted ones shall be awarded.
Registration & Accommodation
|Registration Accommodation||BEFORE 4 MAY 2019||AFTER 4 MAY 2019|
|Specialist||6000 TL||6500 TL|
|Research Assistant, Fellow, GP||5500 TL||6000 TL|
|Nurse, Physiotherapist||5500 TL||6000 TL|
|Pharma Industry Reps||6000 TL||6500 TL|
• VAT is not included into registration and accommodation fees. VAT is 18%.
• Accommodation package is valid for 3 nights stay, check in 13 November – check out 16 November.
• Ela Quality Hotel Congress Center offers all inclusive services.
• If you do not want to stay at the hotel via the Organization Secretariat but wish to register for the congress only, you need to pay 350TL+18%VAT per day, on top of the congress registration fee, in order to benefit from the services at the hotel between 09:00-18:00 on 13-16 November 2019.
Registration & Accommodation Cancellation Conditions
• Accommodation cancellation request should be notified to GenX Professional Congress Organizer in written.
• In case of a cancellation before 5 March 2019, reimbursement shall be done following the deduction of the banking transaction fee.
• In case of a request for cancellation after 5 March 2019, no reimbursement shall be made.
• Deadline for the name change is 10 November 2019. No responsibility shall be claimed by the Turkish Society of Medical and Surgical Intensive Care Medicine and GenX Professional Congress Organizer, in case of any changes beyond this date.
• All reimbursements shall be performed after the Congress.
• Any shuttle transfers on 13-16 November 2019 (check in on 13 November and check out 16 November) at times established by the Congress Organizing Committee shall be provided as part of the registration & accommodation fee.
• Please contact GenX PCO for any shuttle transfer inquiries except these dates.
Bank Account for Registration, Accommodation, Transfer and Sponsorship Fees
|Account Name :||Geniks Kongre Org. Ve. Tur. Hizm. Tic. Ltd.|
|Bank :||Garanti Bank|
|Branch Name And Code :||Ahmediye - Üsküdar - 740|
|IBAN TL :||TR77 0006 2000 7400 0006 2985 01|
|Swift Code :||TGBATRISXXX|
Belek / Antalya